PROJECT CONSULTING SERVICES: Cost-effective construction for effective life safety, property protection, model building and fire code compliance.
- Board of Appeals Requests and Hearings
- Hazardous Materials Analysis
- Code Revision and Representation
- Construction Administration
- Site Observations
- Bid Document Preparation
- Fire Protection and Water Supply Studies
FIRE PROTECTION ENGINEERING: A full-service engineering staff utilizing cutting-edge technology for cost-effective fire protection system design.
- Hazard Evaluation
- Smoke Control
- Design Methodology
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Code Interpretation
- Peer and Third-Party Review
- Special Hazards
- Performance-Based Design
- Alternate Materials and Methods – Code Equivalency
- Value engineered systems
- Optimum insurance premiums with Insurance Underwriters
FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM DESIGN SERVICES: Value-engineering from the architectural planning to the Certificate of Occupancy phase to meet all applicable Codes and Standards on design and installation. Cost-effective fire protection design.
- Underground Fire Main, Fire Water Service, Fire Pump and Water Storage Design
- Special Hazard Design
- Project Budget Forecasting
- Project Completion Observation/Inspection
- Fire Suppression, Fire Sprinkler and Fire Alarm Systems Commissioning
INSPECTION OF FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEMS: Visual inspection and testing observations required by Local, State and National Fire Codes, insurance underwriters, local jurisdictions and litigation.
- Project Completion Observation
- Code and Bid Document Compliance Observation
LOSS CONTROL SERVICES: Risk analysis related to life safety and property protection.
- Property and process hazard analysis
- Internal fire protection safety standards and procedures development
- Underwriter recommendation review
- On-site inspection programs to validate compliance with corporate or insurance guidelines
- Comprehensive training programs that can be tailored to officers or employees
PLAN REVIEW SERVICES: Staff resources in the areas of Fire Protection Engineers and NICET Certified Fire Protection Designers, with comprehensive reviewing services.
- Fire Protection Systems
- Commodity Classification
- Engineering Report, Alternate Methods and Materials Report or Performance-Based Design Review
INVESTIGATION, EXPERT WITNESS, AND TESTIMONY SERVICES: Review of fire losses, documentation, installation, inspection and maintenance of fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems and specialty fire suppression systems.
- Review and analysis of system failures
- Observation/Inspection of losses caused by fire or system failures
EDUCATION: FFCDI provides instructors for the Society of Fire Protection Engineers and other professional organizations through seminars and webinars.